The Black Face Scholarship
The Black Face Scholarship is one that will be awarded to two HBCU Students from North Carolina A&T State University (My Alma Matter) and the other recipient being from Clark Atlanta University. This scholarship is meant to prep HBCU Students with the tools they need to succeed as a Black Face in the White Space of corporate America
15% of The Proceeds from The Black Face Brand Merchandise sales will be awarded to the two recipients with a minimum of $500 award for each Scholarship
Each Scholarship will Include:
- Cash Reward (minimum of $500)
- Resume Restructure (from 2 experienced Human Resource/Recruiting Professionals)
- One 30 Minute mock Corporate interview prep session
- One Hour Mock Corporate interview and feedback session
- Free Black Face Brand Merchandise swag bag
The Black Face Brand team will get a better under standing of who you are, and your perspective by utilizing this questionnaire. This will count as 25% of your overall score
This Essay will be critical to the evaluation process for the scholarship recipient this will represent 75% of your overall score.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on March 1st 2021
Application Process Below!
All applicants must email a word or PDF document to email@example.com by 11:59pm on December 31st. The application has two parts Part 1 is a Questionnaire (details below) please limit answers to 3 paragraphs max. Part 2 will be an essay. The document should include both the Questionnaire and the essay. Good LUCK!
*Please Include: Name, Major, Hometown, any Organizations you belong to, & Campus involvement.
Answer the following questions and submit them with your essay:
- How has your HBCU helped you personally & professionally & why do you think HBCUs are important for the future ?
- What is your current view on American Politics?
- What can the Millennial and Gen Z Generation do better in the fight for progress and social justice?
- What is the most urgent/important issue in society today and why?
- Outside of a corporate career or traditional 9-5 jobs what business ideas are you in interested in pursing?
Write a 1-3 page essay on:
Introducing yourself and your story. What does being a black face in a white space mean to you? Why do you deserve this scholarship, and how will you capitalize off of the scholarship if awarded to you?
“12 font – Double Spaced”
Applications open on October 1st and Close January 1st 2020. Winners will be announced on March 1, 2021. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions comment below.